[MonoDevelop] Error on Run - System.DllNotFoundException: hid.dll
waltersaegir
2008-05-26 22:18:29 UTC
Here's the error:

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: hid.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native)
Farcourier.HQCT.HidApiDeclarations:HidD_GetHidGuid (System.Guid&)

Am I missing some configuration parameter in the MonoDevelop installation?
Lluis Sanchez Gual
2008-05-27 09:55:51 UTC
MonoDevelop does not use that hid.dll, so no idea where are you getting
this message from.

waltersaegir
2008-05-27 15:44:01 UTC
This is a .NET application that runs under Windows and it likely uses the
hid.dll
waltersaegir
2008-05-29 21:47:08 UTC
I copied the hid.dll from my XP machine and not I'm getting:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was
thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI --->
System.DllNotFoundException: ws2_32.dll

I've copied the ws2_32.dll from the XP machine and there is one in the wine
System32 directory, but it still complains that it can't find one.

Any guesses/suggestions please?
Lluis Sanchez Gual
2008-06-02 11:10:39 UTC
El dj 29 de 05 del 2008 a les 14:48 -0700, en/na waltersaegir va
Post by waltersaegir
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was
thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI --->
System.DllNotFoundException: ws2_32.dll
I've copied the ws2_32.dll from the XP machine and there is one in the wine
System32 directory, but it still complains that it can't find one.
Any guesses/suggestions please?
My suggestion is to run MoMA (http://www.mono-project.com/MoMA) on that
application and see if it can really run on Mono.

In any case, this post is out of topic. This list is about the
MonoDevelop IDE, not about porting applications from Windows to Linux.

Lluis.

waltersaegir